Below is the body of an email from the Garden City Planning Department. It should answer your questions regarding when the public hearings will be held.
Thanks for your support,
Save Plantation Coalition
SAPFY2023-0001 Specific Area Plan for The Residences at River Club
The city has received the application for a Specific Area Plan for that would rezone the northerly 22.68 acres of the River Club golf course from R-2 to a proposed Specific Area Plan District. The application materials are located at the link: SAPFY2023-0001.
It is anticipated that there will be public meetings as follows:
Work session in front of the Planning and Zoning Commission: February 15, 2023
City Council work session: March 13, 2023
Planning and Zoning Commission hearing: March 15, 2023
City Council hearing: March 27, 2023
The Planning and Zoning Commission meetings begin at 6:30 pm and the City Council meetings begin at 6:00 pm.
The work sessions and hearings will be held at Garden City Hall, 6015 Glenwood Street, in Garden City. There is also the ability to participate via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/8188588340. However, if there are any technical difficulties, the meeting/hearing will continue.
These dates are subject to change. If the hearing dates change, notice will be sent via email to individuals who have notified the city they want to be an be interested party.
- The intent of the work sessions is for informational purposes only. There will not be public testimony or deliberations during these meetings.
- Oral comments to staff will not be documented for the record. Oral comments may be provided during the public testimony portion of the hearing. If you wish to provide oral testimony at the hearings, there will be a sign-up sheet available at the hearing. All written comments to be included in the record must be in writing and received by the city more than seven days prior to the hearing.
- The city requests that all written comments are sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Attn: Development Services Department, 6015 Glenwood, Garden City, ID 83714.
- We request that you do not contact decision makers (Planning and Zoning Commissioners or City Council) directly. They cannot engage on this matter outside of the public hearing.
- Due to staffing capacity constraints, we respectfully request that you do not stop by city hall to discuss this matter with staff. At this time, staff has not fully reviewed the application. As additional materials such as agency reviews are received, they will be added to the link. A staff report will be available seven days in advance of the hearings. The staff report will review the application for compliance with code.
Development Services Department, City of Garden City